RANDALL ENGINEERING SERVICES
Engineering design is not a product of nice offices, flashy finishes or office layouts. Engineering design is a product of the experience and knowledge of the company staff. Throughout our experience with design, bid, build projects, it is our belief that there are many disconnects between the design team, the construction team and the users.
The contractor interprets the construction documents information, and the lack of the same. Many times the interpretation is really different from the designer’s intention in the construction documents. When the building is constructed and the users move in, they also have interpretations that the neither the designers nor the contractors had in mind. We at Randall Mechanical believe that combining the construction project into a WHOLE BUILDING approach eliminates most of the process disconnects.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
At Randall we design, Build, and Service the buildings we construct paying great attention to optimal systems performance and cost effectiveness.
- Collaborative process involves input from field personnel early in design
- Design engineer involved in ordering/ quality assurance
- Highly detailed site surveys avoid untimely “surprise”
- Single-point accountability for HVAC and plumbing systems
- Fast transition from design to fabrication
CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
Commissioning is the process by which the commissioning authority will exercise the new installed systems to verify if they operate in accordance with the design documents intent, the code requirements and the industry standards.
Randall Engineering has accredited commissioning employees with extensive experience and great success in this process.
- The Randall team will ensure energy efficiency and optimal operation of installed systems.
- The Randall commissioning team will create the commissioning plan with all planned operational checklists for field testing of systems.
- The Randall commissioning team, engaged at the early design stage, will help identify performance issues nudging the design/construction process in the direction of the best life cycle cost outcome.
WHY GO THROUGH THE COMMISSIONING PROCESS?
Commissioning should not only suggested but vital in the delivery success of a facility. Building Commissioning ensures building delivery is according to the Owner’s Project Requirements. We take this seriously at Randall Mechanical. Properly commissioned buildings have fewer change orders, tend to be more energy efficient, and have lower operation costs.
Commissioning provides reassurance for the engineers, contractors and ultimately the property owners.
A WHOLE BUILDING PROJECT DELIVERY PROCESS
Our staff at Randall Engineering have long experience and strong knowledge in green mechanical design, green construction, commissioning, and servicing of the buildings we construct, which produces a seamless process for building construction and operation. This in turn minimizes the cost impact on the process and optimizes the performance of the associated building systems.
A SMART APPROACH TO ENERGY SAVINGS
Knowing that in life cycle analyses, building systems operations cost is many times larger than the same systems first cost, Randall Engineering staff with their qualifications such as certified energy managers design building systems to be highly energy efficient and draw a balance between the savings derived from energy efficiency versus first cost to produce a building with the lowest possible life cycle cost.
A CONNECTED STAFF
- Our staff are accredited by the industry accreditation bodies as follows:
- Professional Engineers
- Certified Energy Managers
- Certified Building Commissioning Professionals
- LEED Accredited Professionals
- Energy Star Accreditation Professionals
These accreditations go to the core of ensuring the optimal performance of the associated building systems.